"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -Mother Theresa

Thursday, October 21, 2010

little miracle....love it!!!!!

So last Saturday I was getting everything ready for church the next morning. So I got up early Sunday morning and realized that I was going to miss the first train so I texted my friend letting her know so she wouldn't wonder why I wasn't at church. She then replied, "they aren't any trains today." I texted back asking if she was serious or joking. She said that she was serious so....... apparently there was yet ANOTHER strike and there were no trains on Saturday night and on Sunday. I do not need to take the train daily and so I had no idea that there was a strike. I did know that there was another strike last week which made it so I had to ride my bike more than an hour away to get some paperwork for my job. Oh and just to mention that it was an incline almost the entire way ouchhh.... needless to say i got a great workout. So back to the story I then  hurried and got ready and went to the bus station in hope that there was a bus that I could take to church and.... there wasn't. So i started walking back to my apartment seeing no one on the streets. All of the stores are closed on Sunday and everyone is still at home especially in the morning, but after a few minutes of walking a saw a couple leaving their apartment building and so I asked them if they knew anything about a strike today, since I still hadn't gone to the train station. They said that they knew nothing of a strike and I mentioned that my friend had told me there were no trains and that I needed to get to my church in Valence. They then said,  "We're going to Valence right now want a ride"? I said, "YES" and that I could give them some money, which they refused. So they asked me why I was going so far when there is a catholic church in every town. I told them that I was Christian, but wasn't a member of the catholic church. They asked what church I was a part of and I told them that I was Mormon. Just a side note, if you tell a French person that you are LDS that have no idea what you are talking about. The husband than asked the difference between the Mormon church and the Catholic. So I talked about the prophet and the apostles and a few other things. He asked me how many members there were every Sunday and also if they were all American. I told him that they were french and that my friend and I were the only Americans. He was shocked that there were actual French people that were Mormons. It was hilarious. We also talked about the Pope. He asked me if I thought anything about the Pope and I told him that I think that the Popes of the Catholic church are amazing people and also that the Prophets of the LDS church usually have contact with them and consider them friends. I then mentioned a talk that the prophet of the LDS church Thomas S Monson had just given in general conference where he quoted Mother Theresa, who was on the most amazing and influential people ever." If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Amazing huh!!!  I havr this quote taped on my wall in my apartment. Here is the link to his talk, which was really inspired and was given to the women of the church. http://new.lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/charity-never-faileth?lang=eng

1 comment:

  1. This is a cool story. P.S. I've been in Cali for a week...so we weren't here to get your calls. Call SOOOON!!! pLEASSEEEE!!!

    ReplyDelete