"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -Mother Theresa

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hilarious. Nicki and I during a late night hike after the lightning started



This really was a little bit crazy. We decided to hike Mount Timp and after about 3 hours the weather got a little sketchy and then it got really crazy. We were literally running down the mountain with lightning right above us. For me this was an adventure, but for Nicki it wasn't since she actually realized and cared about the danger we were in. We took a photo right when the weather got a little crazy. As you can see I actually do look like I am really crazy it's in my eyes. When the lightning was too close we got as low to the ground as we could it was fun and really wet. Ok it was only fun until I got soaking wet. I mean dripping wet. The only thing that I was prepared with was a nice rain jacket but other than I was drenched. hahahaha it's all fun and games until someone gets completely soaked huh???? so we ended up not being able to get high enough up to camp out and finish the hike the next morning. We went back to nick's apartment and I grabbed all my stuff and drove home in the middle of the night. I had the hardest time staying awake on the way home. ughhhh... I love adventures.
this was when it was still light and towards the beginning of the hike. no lightning and thunder yet.....


No comments:

Post a Comment