"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -Mother Theresa

Monday, October 25, 2010

cool quote from a conference talk

So since I have a lot of time I have been trying to be really good and listen to or read all of the conference talks from this past General conference. A few nights ago I was reading a talk titled, "Stay on the Path", by Rosemary M. Wixom. This talk was given for parents, but as most talks can be applied to all I applied it to me. There was one paragraph that I loved which talked about the example parents (or adults) have on children here it is... 

"Our example is magnified in their eyes. They will follow our cadence when they feel secure in our actions. We do not need to be perfect—just honest and sincere."

I applied this talk to me as a teacher here is France and in general with any interaction i have with children. As i have seen in only a few weeks children really do absorb everything. I already knew this before coming here, but to see them literally absorb everything i am teaching them in English has been really fascinating and then reading this talk made me think more about it. Especially to parents and those that are with children often we have to think constantly of the influence that we have on them. Our example really will show show in their eyes. Pretty intense huh? Here is the link for the talk if you want to read it which I know you do
http://new.lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/stay-on-the-path?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment