So as you know I trained all by myself for the half and was making killer time. I did my last 11 mile run the sat before and figured that since I made great time for 11 miles that I would also for the 13.1. Well that didn't happen and after running only 4 1/2 miles I injured my hamstring and had to walk the rest of the race urghhhhhh!!!!!! The race was suprisingly unorganized and I couldn't believe how many people were off to the side injured or walking. I started the race with Dora and Becca, but decided to leave them since I wanted to beat the time I did for my first half. Becca runs that slowest of the 3 of us, but has killer strong legs and actually ran the disneyworld marathon in Jan. without training..yeh I know crazy. So anyways long story short I walked almost the whole race and every time I tried to run my hamstring told me that I would die so I stopped and hobbled for a little while until it felt better and then tried to run again, but every time my hamstring screamed at me. Dora due to a recurring injury had to walk 4 miles and Becca who was sure to come in last beat all 3 of us. Good thing that we had a blast the day before the race and after the race or that trip would've have been ridiculous. Voila some photos of the trip.
Becca and I on our way to Cali
Yeh so I was finally able to see my Brother Dave and his girlfriend after not seeing him for over 2 years...really!!!!
Rachel might have locked the keys in her car and we tried to use this hanger to get back in which surprisingly didn't work:)
We are geeks and had the time of our lives trying to get pics with us jumping in the air..and maybe we were laughing hysterically after looking at them after on our cameras.
This guy was awesome!!! he is from Argentina and a few of us bought a bunch of his cd's.
Right after the race...
Cute couple we stayed with for one of the nights.
Rachel's adorable nephew who laughed and smiled every time I looked at him. I wanted to take him home bad
Fyi walking across those rocks hurt our feet
I tried surfing without anyone showing me. I did pretty good considering I kept thinking about how I've seen in done in the movies I've seen. I did get up for 2 secs...whoot whoot. P.S. I was excited to see these pics since I had no idea Dora was taking them.
Can you see why i wanted to take him home with me?? seriously so cute
Rachel'e niece who was more shy than her brother but sooo beautiful
Yeh we look like idiots, but it was way worth it
We are dead sexy
So Rachel loves snakes and I do not even remotely like then, so when she went over to hold them i stood by not having any desire to tough them but did I???....yes
So even though I don't look freaked out I didn't move an inch the whole time
This was the night before we left
No comments:
Post a Comment