"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -Mother Theresa

Thursday, September 30, 2010

First real homemade/apartment-made meal in France

This was the exciting first experience of real home cooking. I made my homemade chicken noodle soup for the first time in France. This is also a little preview pic of my cute LITTLE apartment. Yeh ...so i had to put up some type of art that you see right by my head in the pic. I bought a calendar at a little art shop by my apartment and the artist is a local from St Etienne which is a city close to where i live, which made me happy. I just cut out all of the images and used them separately and voila 12 images to decorate a small apartment



I tried to find whole wheat flour which isn't very common and instead bought what they call flour with cereal. It doesn't actually have cereal in it but does have flax seed and other nuts like sunflower. It actually turned out yummy which i was nervous about since i have never made homemade pasta with nuts in the flour. oh and that glass u see is what i had to use to roll out the dough since i don't have a rolling pin






mmmmm... you can see the flax seed and the nuts...








Here is the final product without celery of course since that doesn't really exist here and everytime i found it when i lived here before it was really expensive. Weird since it is super cheap in the states. I don't think they ever buy it and have never seen a dish with it. Sad since celery is really yummy in shicken noodle soup.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I love the view from your apartment. So neat. I want to see those pieces of artwork that you hung up. It's hard to see. They look really pretty. Do they have alot of places to buy art work there?

    I love that you're there and experiencing all of that!

    Oh, and I'm sorry about your shoes! I hope your mama can get you some more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, that looks delicious. How fun to have homemade chicken noodle soup with nuts in the noodles. It would give it a yummy crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So they may not have celery, but at lets be honest. France doesn't have a lot of things. Like deodorant.

    ReplyDelete